In an effort to learn how to define myself without referring to my career, I’ve made a list of 10 random things about me… and not one of them mentions my job title. I’d call this progress.
1. I would happily eat oatmeal every morning for the rest of my life.
2. I pride myself on my book collection. Feel free – actually, I encourage you – to judge me by it.
3. I moisturize head-to-toe daily.
4. I assume people don’t remember who I am even after they’ve met me multiple times.
5. I have my father’s eyes.
6. I own a guitar, but don’t know how to play.
7. I love my nose ring; my mother tolerates it.
8. I am afraid of fish. That said, there are three living in my apartment. Boyfriend got them for Christmas. For the record, the fish I live with are not scary. They’re actually quite entertaining.
9. I only drink three things: milk, tea, and water.
10. I colour code my closet and alphabetize my DVDs.
SOTS wonders... how do you define yourself?